June 2012: interesting Workshop dedicated to M dwarfs and exoplanets
The search for habitable planets around nearby M dwarfs is really a very appealing topic in the field of exoplanets. This fact is confirmed by the recently announced meeting Transiting Planets in the House of the Sun – A Workshop on M Dwarf Stars and Their Planets, to be held in the island of Maui (Hawaii, US) on June 3-6 2012.
This workshop, enterely devoted to red dwarf stars, will provide a review of M dwarf stars and the detection, formation, and potential habitability of their planets, and it is mainly intended for advanced graduate students and junior postdocs.
Among the invited lectures, the main topics are represented by the ground-based (the realm of APACHE!) and space-based transit surveys for nearby M dwarfs, stellar characterization, Doppler RV surveys.
- APACHE Project oral contribution @ GREAT-ESF Workshop in Turin
- Spectroscopic characterization of the APACHE M dwarfs
- APACHE @ Hawaii
- The first two variable stars discovered by the APACHE survey
- First test with the APACHE telescopes
- The long road toward habitable planets
- The first hot Jupiter discovered around an M-type dwarf star
- APACHE Input Catalog
- PhD report scheduled on 1st December 2011